TriStem attended the Waco Chamber’s lunch power hour today, which discussed school finance issues. Unfortunately all schools are not equally funded in the State of Texas. Fund are distributed disproportionately across the state.
Aside from funds not being distributed equally, the funds themselves are actually decreasing. According to the Equity Center research, State funding to schools in Texas is steadily decreasing and this poses a problem to schools as local funding is relied on more and more. The state has increased funding for schools in the 2018 year by only $6.5 million dollars, while $3 billion is actually what is needed to accommodate the increase in student population in the state.
Creative solutions will be needed to solve the school finance problems in Texas. TriStem can help under-funded schools obtain much needed revenue. TriStem can audit your utility bills to see if you have been overcharged in the past and due refunds. We also check for ongoing savings measures that can be implemented to save you money on your bills going forward. We audit the following bill types your school pays:
Recent refunds obtained for audits we have performed for Independent School Districts in the State of Texas total $552,102. Annual savings obtained total $221,896.
Our utility bills audits are risk free. You only pay us a percentage of the refunds obtained and or savings obtained during the audit. Call TriStem today for a free preview of your bills!
Thank you to Waco Chamber and the Equity Center for shedding light on school finance issues we are facing today.
Happy Valentine’s Day to all of our clients, partners, friends, and families! Aside from electric savings, TriStem also helps businesses and organizations with water bill audits. The water industry is facing many obstacles today such as repairing the aging water infrastructure and recovering increasing operational costs. As a result, some municipalities have increased water rates as much as 50% in recent years. With water costs on the rise, we’d like to share some conservation tips you can use for your business or your home!
- Install low flow devices on your faucets. Low flow devices use 1.5 gallons per minute versus older devices which use 2.2 gallons per minute.
- Get new toilets. Newer efficient toilets use 2 gallons per flush, while older toilets use 5 gallons per flush. This can add up to saving thousands of gallons per year.
- Reduce landscape water use. Consider harvesting rain for landscaping. Leftover drinking water can also be reused to water plants.
- Sweep instead of hosing off areas. Many businesses hose down areas which wastes a lot of water. Consider alternate cleaning methods.
- Inform employees and family members of water saving measures. Post flyers and notes in bathrooms and kitchen areas reminding employees to be conscious of their water usage.
- Check your bills. Check for leaks and study utility bills to see if there have been any spikes in water usage. Contact plumbers ASAP and the utility company to see if part of your bill can be reduced during a leak.
- Stay on top of repairs. Don’t let that faucet drip any longer. Get it fixed today! Check other pipes for leaks and have them repaired.
- Set conservation goals. If objectives aren’t written down, they don’t exist. Figure out how much you want to reduce your water usage, write down the goal and benchmark your progress each month.
-TriStem, Utility Cost Recovery & Savings Experts
Are you searching for ways to save your organization money this year? Is worrying about your utility bills affecting your self-esteem? You might be surprised to find a stack of cash sitting in your utility bills. Let us show you what we can find! Gain peace of mind by letting TriStem take care of your utility bill woes.
Our audits examine your past bills for errors and your current bills for cost saving opportunities. We have found that over 80% of our clients have been over-billed on their utility bills. Average refunds obtained for overcharges per client is 5% of your annual utility expenditures. Average future savings received as a result of our corrections is 4% of your annual utility expenditures.
What is a utility bill audit?
The word “audit” can sound scary, but it is simply a review of your past bills to find overcharges and cost saving opportunities. TriStem can audit your electric, gas, water, telephone, and/or waste bills. We identify errors and contact the utility company on your behalf to obtain refunds and implement cost savings measures.
Benefits of a Utility Bill Audit:
- Save time by letting TriStem worry about your accounts
- Get money now for refunds on errors
- Save money on future utility costs
- Have your accounts reconciled by an expert
- Gain valuable knowledge about your utility accounts
- Act as a good steward for your stakeholders/taxpayers
- Reallocate your savings for other uses
How do I get started?
Start the new year right and get empowered about to your utility costs. Contact TriStem today for a free preview of your utility bills.